JeraldUy.com is a finalist in ComCo Southeast Asia's 'Write to Ignite Blogging Project'
We've received word that I was chosen as one of the top 40 storytellers for "Write to Ignite Blogging Project", ComCo Southeast Asia’s initiative to highlight the human spirit by encouraging bloggers to share their reflections and personal plights during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The competition, co-presented by Eastern Communications and sponsored by Electrolux, Jobstreet, and Teleperformance, is a response to the need of our times, "as every story comes a very long way during this period of crisis".
I would like to thank my readers, the judges and ComCo for this recognition.
In case you missed it, you can read my entry "Hope is also a four-letter word" here.
ComCo said it received an overwhelming response from different parts of the country. See the full list of finalists here.
I am glad that my blog buddies Team PCheng, Pinoy Guy Guide and Manual 2 Lyf also landed spots in the top 40. I also feel honored to see other veteran blogs among the finalists who I look up to in the community.
We are invited to a special virtual awards night where the top 3 winners will be declared on July 14. Exciting prizes also await for the finalists of “Write to Ignite Blogging Project”. The entries were screened and evaluated by a board of judges composed of distinguished professionals from the communications, marketing and advocacy fields. Chaired by ComCo Southeast Asia’s Regional Integration and Chief Executive Director Ferdinand Bondoy, the board of judges include:
- Ken Abadiano, Marketing Manager of Dragonpay
- Ana Arcega, Lead Copy Writer of Jobstreet
- Bea Castro, Brand Communications Specialist of Eastern Communications
- Carl Cuevas, Marketing Communications Officer of UnionBank
- Via Del Rosario, Marketing Communications Assistant Manager of Electrolux
- Elaine Gallardo, Marketing Communications Manager of Sun Life Asia Service Centre
- Joan Icotanim, Brand Communications and Administration Director of ComCo Southeast Asia
- Tricia Cusi Jimenea, Business Development and Market Expansion Director of ComCo Southeast Asia
- Genesis Lamigo, Communications Manager of World Vision
- Nadine Leoncio, Brand Lead of AirAsia
- Kai Pioquinto, Marketing Communications Manager – Asia Pacific of Emerson
- Maia Melencio, Partnerships & Resource Innovations Manager of Unilab Foundation
- Rachel Syfargo, Brand Communications and Operations Director of ComCo Southeast Asia
- Kathreen Joy Velandres, Brand Manager of Primer Group
- Lynn Ventenilla, Senior Director of Communications and Marketing of Telepeformance
- Gregg Yan, Director and Founder of Best Alternatives
“Amidst the many depressing news around, there are still stories that champion the goodness and triumph of the human spirit. We’re humbled with the overwhelming response of storytellers from different blogging communities across the country. Thank you for sharing your inspiring stories. We need more of those, especially in these challenging times. Thank you to my ComCo SEA Squadron for making this vision come to life, to Eastern Communications for co-presenting this meaningful cause, and to Electrolux," said Mr. Ferdinand Bondoy, Regional Integration and Chief Executive Director of ComCo Southeast Asia.
To know more about ComCo Southeast Asia and the “Write to Ignite Blogging Project,” visit www.comco-hq.com. Follow them on social media: on Facebook, LinkedIn and @comco_sea on both Instagram and Twitter.